March 28, 2011

Greekish Vegetable Stir Fry




I know that this is a baking blog, but I also love to cook so I thought I might as well put some of the things I have cooked on here as well. This evening I decided to make a vegetable stir-fry as I had some fresh vegetables and some herbs. So I just put lots of stuff in and it tasted really good. I think I would make it again if I could remember what I all put in it.


I put one small zucchini
half a bag of baby carrots


half a bag of snow peas, ends chopped off



and about 6 spears of asparagus, ends cut off and cut in half
about 1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lemon flavoured carbonated water

2 cloves garlic, minced
rosemary- to your taste
oregano- to your taste

thyme, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 TB olive oil


Heat the olive oil in a pan on med/high heat until warm. Add the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds until light brown. Add the carrots and fry for about 2 minutes then add the asparagus and the herbs. Add about 1/4 of the lemon juice and let soak in for a bit. Then add salt and pepper and more of the lemon juice. When that has been evaporated add the peas and the carbonated water. Then fry that for about 4 minutes and then add the zucchini. Fry for a bit more and add a bit more salt and pepper. Serve warm.

Serves about 2 people as an appetizer.

Enjoy

No comments: