March 14, 2011

Black Bottom Cupcakes!


I made these a little while ago for my brothers. The cake wasn't very moist so I got some ice cream and chocolate sauce and put it on top of them. It was amazing!The next time I make these I would use a different chocolate cake recipe. I have my favourite one but you could use what ever recipe you would like or that is your favourite!

Black Bottom Cupcakes:

For the Cake: (Personally my favourite recipe)

1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
2 Cups Boiling Water
2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 TB Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Butter, Softened
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350*F. In a small mixing bowl combine cocoa and boiling water together and whisk until smooth, Set aside and cool to room temperature. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together and set aside. In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together until light, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour mixture (in fourths) and alternate with the cocoa mixture (in thirds). Beginning and ending with flour. Do not over beat.


Topping:
1 pkg. (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Sugar

Mix together until smooth and creamy.

Spoon cake batter into muffin tins about 3/4 way full. Spoon heaping tablespoons of cream cheese mixture over batter of each cup; gently swirl with the tip of a knife to marbleize. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes for about 5 minutes in tin and put on cooling rack to cool.

Enjoy!




No comments: