April 08, 2011

Mini Birthday Cake




 Yesterday was one of the women in my church's birthday... I babysit her 3 boys about once or twice a month and she is a real sweetheart. Always a blast to hang out with and talk to. She is taking sewing lessons with my mom and tonight is one of their classes. So I decided to make her a mini birthday cake as I had some icing and filling left over from the rainbow cake that I made for my future cousin in-law. All I had to do was make the cake... so thats no big deal. Last night I made enough for 4 mini cakes. They are very cute. I happen to like anything small.

   So I made some chocolate cakes last night as it is easier to ice a cake when it has been baked the day before. Today when I got home after having a great day at work and with one of my friends for lunch. I made a mini cake and decorated it.






























 It is a chocolate cake with vanilla pudding filling and cream cheese icing. It is very cute and is topped with royal icing roses, rose buds, and the basket weave.

   I like mini cakes they take no time at all, about 35-40 minutes and it is finished.

   So here is the end result!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look soo delicious!! Yum! :)