April 08, 2011

I love Seahorses...

   The other day I was kinda bored as I had nothing to do! So I decided to paint something... I wasn't really sure what I should paint but I knew I wanted to do something with watercolours. When I was younger I took watercolour lessons and always found it frustrating as the paint never stays where you want it to! But now I LOVE it! you can make so many pretty and abstract looking paintings because the paint blends so well. So now I am in love with water colours again and not so much with acrylics.... But I always go through phases where I like one type of paint and then change to another one the next month. This fall I am going to take art lessons again! I am so stoked, my art teacher is SO amazing, he does anything and everything. He is so talented, I am very excited to do airbrushing again. It is one of my favourites.

   So sense I was bored I started just putting paint on paper, I started with blue and made some streaks and then put a bit of yellow... I thought it kinda looked like the sea so I thought I might put a few fish in there. Then it hit me! Why not paint a seahorse? I love seahorses so much and have always wanted to have one. Then I thought it would be kinda a waste of money as they are over a hundred dollars and I thought it might not live very long.


   So this is what I came up with! I kinda like him.... like a lot! it is SO cute <3








   Painting is one of my favorite things to do as I can just let my mind wander and put my thoughts on paper, it is fun to see what I can come up with sometimes.


   He is so cute that I just had to put 3 pictures up of him :)

No comments: