April 04, 2011

Easter Paska

Every year we have a tradition that my Auntie Rhonda makes paska for the family gathering on my mom's side. She makes the best paska ever! But I do have to say that my recipe is pretty good as well. But I am not going to give it to you as it is a secret! Sorry.

I do have many pictures of it though so I thought that I would share those with you. It is quite the process to make but it is definitely worth it. I LOVE paska so much! It is the best.


The first step: The poolish


Second: The actual dough


Kneading


... more kneading



Five strand braid, it was really fun to make 


Finished braids



The result... a yummy paska


And the finished product with lemon icing! 


I made this with one of my close friends last week, she and I both LOVE to bake so we thought we would get together for a baking day! It was a lot of fun and I love spending time with her. She is such a sweetie.

No comments: