April 30, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Nut Loaf

These are kind of like really big muffins. I didn't want to make normal sized muffins and I didn't want to make a loaf shape. So I just thought why not in between? How about a really big Muffin!




So that is what I did.

I was making them for my brothers and guys don't always like the small portion sized items. So I made mid-sized muffins.




In my house there are always bananas... and sometimes they don't always get eaten before they get lots of nice little brown spots on them. And if you know me I like greener bananas. I don't like the yellow ones, they are a bit to mushy for me. So even if some people think they are just perfect... I have to disagree.




These muffins are quite good, I like the gooey chocolate chips and the crunch of the pecans with the mellow banana flavor. I think banana muffins have to be one of my favorites.




Yield: 24 normal sized muffins

3 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
7 ripe bananas
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. honey
3 eggs
3/4 c. oil
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 c. pecan or walnuts
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350*F.

Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.

Mix the bananas, sugar, honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a larger bowl with a hand mixer or a wooden spoon. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips. Spoon into which ever sized loaf pan or muffins tins you would like. If you use loaf pans make sure to grease and flour them.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes until slightly golden and fairly stiff in the middle.

Let cool for about 2 minutes in the tins then remove and cool on a cooling rack.

Eat and enjoy!




Recipe adapted from browneyedbaker






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE banana bread! Yum :) I think I will try your recipe of these banana muffins sometime. Which one is better, this recipe? Or the other recipe you posted that had cranberries in some of them? :)

Tessa Isaak said...

This recipe I would say is a bit more moist, but both of them are very good. I like that the other recipe has coconut in it :)