March 18, 2012

S'more Brownies!


Every Saturday I usually bake something as I hardly ever have plans, and if I do I usually bring along some baking. Saturdays are my days where I can be creative and bake whatever I want. It almost always consists of either a square, muffin or cookie. As I don't want to take a lot of time but I want to make something good. So this past Saturday I made S'more Brownies! And were they ever good! I only ate one because I sent them along with my sister as she went out for the afternoon for an excursion on the mountain. (She took them all... so I texted her and told her to make sure she saved one for me!) So I thought it would be fun to make something for her and the friends, and why not s'more brownies? ...

It is like a s'more without a campfire! 

If you are looking for an amazing, not normal brownie recipe. Then this is it. They even sound delicious let alone taste amazing! So take a couple minutes and whip up this great brownie recipe that everyone will enjoy, cause who doesn't like s'mores? 


1 c. (5 oz.) bittersweet chocolate
1 c. (5 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate (or you can do all bittersweet/semi-sweet, that is just what I did)
1 1/4 c. (10 oz.) butter cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 c. (8 oz.) granulated sugar
1 c. (8 oz.) brown sugar firmly packed
5 large eggs (7.5 oz.) room temperature
1 c. (5 oz.) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
2/3 c. (4 oz.) peanut butter chips (or milk chocolate) 
6 graham crackers. broken into large pieces
10 large marshmallows cut in half


Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350*F. Have ready and ungreased 9x13 inch pan.

Bring a few inches of water to a gentle simmer in a saucepan. Combine chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl (not touching) and place over the simmering water. Heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until nearly melted, then remove from heat and whisk until smooth. Add the sugars and stir until blended. Add the eggs all at once and stir to combine. 
In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. Using a whisk or rubber spatula, gently fold/whisk the flour into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Add the peanut butter chips, graham crackers and the marshmallows and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the pan and place the remaining marshmallows evenly on top. 
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until slightly souffléd but still wet in the center. Not too wet but wet :) if ya know what I mean. Marshmallows will puff up and be slightly browned and the chocolate surface will have some little cracks. Let cool in the pan for about 45 minutes or until completely cool. 
Cut into squares and eat! 
Will keep well up to two days if stored at room temperature in an airtight container, or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. But they are very delicious so good luck keeping them that long :)

Enjoy

~ I am sad to say that I have no pictures for this recipe, they did look very delicious though and I wish I would have taken at least one. But I unfortunately did not have any time. 

Original recipe from "Demolition Desserts" - Elizabeth Falkner 

No comments: