March 28, 2012

Hot Chocolate Cookies



Hot chocolate cookies? ... Yes hot chocolate cookies!





I was thinking of making a different type of cookie the other day, and I had just made the smore brownies so I thought it would be fun to make hot chocolate cookies with marshmallows in them! Because marshmallows and hot chocolate go very well together!

The cookies didn't turn out as great as I wanted them too, but they still tasted great. Even like hot chocolate. I would not bake them with a convection oven, as it dries them out and then they turn out more like little cakes. Not gooey cookies. Also don't over mix the batter or the cookies will become porous and on these cookies they won't look as delicious if they are over mixed.

Make sure you line your cookie sheets with parchment paper as the marshmallows like to stick really well to the pans. I learnt the hard way, so that is why I am telling you in advance :)


Yield: About 2 dozen



2 1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 T. hot chocolate powder mixture
1 c. butter (room temp.)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar (packed)
3 eggs
1 T. vanilla
2 T. chocolate syrup
2 T. cream
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1 c. mini marshmallows






Pre-heat oven to 375*F

Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and hot chocolate mixture in a medium bowl. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla, chocolate syrup and cream. Mixing after each addition. Then add the flour mixture and mix until almost incorporated. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows.

Portion out and bake for about 8 minutes, 4 minutes on each side. You still want them to be gooey and a little bit under-baked.  They taste really good gooey. Like most cookies. They are really good the next day as well, just make sure to put them in an air tight container.




 I hope you enjoy this recipe, I think that it is very fun. I just love hot chocolate.

They are really good with a glass of milk and most likely great with hot chocolate. I didn't try that though. But if you do tell me how it is, I would love to hear!




Enjoy!

No comments: