October 07, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins! It tis the season, once again :)

  I really wanted to make some muffins, so the other day I decided to make pumpkin ones. As I love pumpkin and it is also Thanksgiving weekend! Oh how I love Thanksgiving; well holidays all together! They are simply fantastic... But Thanksgiving is a great one. Lots of get togethers with families and lots of GREAT food I might add. This Thanksgiving I am going to make a Pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust and a sour cream marshmallow topping. I am excited to make that. I will post the recipe and photos once I do make it. I think it will be wonderful.

   Well this recipe I got out of Baking: From my home to yours. By Dorie Greenspan. One of the authors of Baking with Julia. It is a fantastic cook book, one that I love and always look at. It has many simple recipes, which are the best ones. Cause they take no time at all and are always delicious. After I made these muffins I gave some to my brothers as everyone in my house doesn't really eat anything that is baked :( So I always make things for my brothers and they always love it, so it makes me happy! So I gave some of these muffins to them, and later the next day my oldest brother calls me to tell me that is absolutely loved the muffins. He said that they reminded him of some that he used to always get at Starbucks, basically tasted the exact same. So it made me happy to hear that he loved them. I thought they were pretty fantastic as well. SO delicious! Just make sure that you don't over mix the batter with this recipe otherwise you will get tunnels in your muffins and that is no good! Well enjoy this recipe cause it is a great one!

Makes 12 muffins!

2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/8 t. nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 t. vanilla extract
3/4 c. canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
1/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. pecans or walnuts
About 1/3 cup raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds for topping :)


You can also add raisins if you would like! I didn't add any but thats cause they are not my favourite :) If you do it is about 1/2 c. moist, golden raisins.

Preheat oven to 375* F. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and the two sugars in a large bowl on medium speed until soft. Add eggs, beating for a minute after the eggs are incorporated, then beat in the buttermilk and vanilla. Lower speed, add dry ingredients into the batter using a rubber spatula. Stir in pecans (and raisins if using). Divide batter evenly among  the muffin cups and sprinkle with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until thin knife inserted comes out clean. Transfer to rack and cool. Eat while still warm... they are great. Or just reheat them as muffins are always better a little bit warm. They keep for about 3-4 days in an airtight container. Or you can always freeze them for a couple months.

Enjoy!

No comments: