August 20, 2012

Salted Chocolate Cookies


Everyone loves a chocolate cookie. And I love to bake chocolate cookies, so I get to make lots of people happy :) Which makes me happy.


These cookies are very chocolaty and gooey and delicious. I love the added sea salt on the top of the cookies, it gives the cookies a great contrast with the sweet cookie and the salty top.



The added toffee bits in the cookie gives it an excellent chewy quality. The toffee bits are definitely a must add. I was a bit skeptical at first about added the toffee as it is not my favorite add in. But once I bit into the still, warm from the oven cookie I knew that I had been wrong about second guessing the recipes call for the toffee. 


Every day is a new adventure when I'm in the kitchen baking. Some days are great... and others not so much. Every day that something turns out amazing I am simply over joyed and can't wait to bake more. I love watching peoples smiles as they enjoy the baking. There are way to many awesome recipes out there and definitely not enough time or enough people to eat them all. When I have kids I am going to be baking everyday. I cannot wait till I have to bake because I need too. Then I will never have to find an excuse to bake! It will be fantastic. 



Ingredients

1 c. semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 T instant coffee
1 T vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. semisweet chocolate chunks
1 c. toffee bits
Maldon sea salt or fleur de sel
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350F.
 Add butter, eggs, coffee and vanilla, and continue processing until fluffy. Scrape down sides.
Add flour and chocolate chunks, and process using on/off pulse until the dough comes together. Do not over process.
Using a tablespoon, drop mounds of dough onto large cookie sheets, spacing 2″ apart. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with a pinch of salt.
Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Cookies should be slightly firm to touch. Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


ENJOY!

P.S. This coming weekend I am making my very first wedding cake for my dearest Cousin. I am very excited to make a two-tiered cake and I hope that all goes well in the baking and decorating process. Today I made a practice cake to make sure that I would have a good recipe and it turns out I don't need to find a new one. I got a fantastic vanilla buttermilk cake recipe that I am using. With a strawberries and cream filling and a buttercream icing to coat. I will keep you updated on how things go.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: