May 12, 2012

Raspberry Nutella Muffins


I was looking in my pantry the other day and I realized that I had a lot of Nutella! That is not a problem or anything... :) But I thought it would be a good idea to make something with it since it is very delicious. So I made Raspberry Nutella Muffins.

Enough said?!?

I think so, these were one of the best muffins I have ever had. I don't know why I don't put raspberries in everything. They are so juicy and have so much flavor. They definitely add to these muffins. The combination is fantastic. I would suggest these muffins to everyone.

The batter is stiff so make sure to not work it too much when your mixing.

The muffins are quite moist and very flavorful. Enjoy!






Yield: 1 dozen muffins



3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 T baking powder
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. canola oil
2 large eggs
3/4 c. buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As many raspberries as you would like probably about 1 c.
1/2 c. nutella
organic cane sugar, for sprinkling on top of muffins






directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and mix until well combined.
5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. 
6. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add as many raspberries as you would like, I added about 3 per muffin. Then add a small spoonful of Nutella to each muffin cup. Cover the Nutella filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with the organic cane sugar.
7. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.











Enjoy!


~ adapted from Brown Eyed Baker 



No comments: